Saturday 24 August 2013


5 most used Summer products!

As the summer draws to an end I thought I’d share with you my top 5 most used products that will cross over in to the autumn season.

 


The first is the Tigi Catwalk Session Series Salt Spray.  I have recently chopped my waist length hair to above my shoulders and the first style I was desperate to try was a beachy, natural waves look (I’d tried many times on my long hair but the weight of it just pulled the waves straight out). I spray this salt spray on to damp hair and then blow dry with a diffuser.  The spray gives your hair extra texture and hold which helps achieve a really natural look and is much quicker than using a curling iron or heated waver. (£9.99 plus delivery from Amazon)

 

Next is the Dove Summer Glow Moisturising Lotion.  If, like me you have really pale skin the summer always poses that problem of ‘to get your legs out or cover up?’  The rest of the year I literally live in leggings but there have been some days this summer where the temperature has been so high that I have had to admit defeat and throw them to one side.  I’ve used this moisturiser pretty much every day and it gradually builds a nice even ‘glow’ to your skin (don’t forget to exfoliate first).  I wouldn’t say I looked tanned after using it but it certainly gave me the confidence to ditch the leggings and go au naturel in the leg department. (£4.99 from Superdrug)

 


Number 3 on my list is the NYX Pore Filler.  I was bought the Benefit Porefessional for my birthday and really loved it but once I started to run out I was looking for a more affordable alternative.  I am a huge fan of NYX products and so when I was at IMATS recently I thought I would give their version a go.  I have been really impressed by it and to be honest I can’t tell much difference between this and the Benefit Porefessional.  A product I will definitely be re-purchasing! (£12.50 from NYX.co.uk)

 


I have always liked the Barry M Nail Polishes but since they have bought out their Gelly Shine range I have struggled to go back to my normal polishes.  The finish is so glossy and much thicker than normal nail polish and they have a great range of colours (I’m trying to collect all of them!).  This one is Satsuma and I have been wearing it most of the summer.  It has such a great depth of colour that I think it will transfer really well in to autumn. (£3.99 from Superdrug)

 

My final product of the summer is the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in shade No.8.  This range of lipsticks are really moisturising and great value for money.  I particularly like this colour as it gives a natural look but with slight kick of colour to avoid looking washed out.  Perfect for every-day use. (£5.49 from Superdrug)

1 comment:

  1. There's many products on here that I've always wanted to try!! I might get them! Good post x

    Please have a look at my blog

    devonabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete